Sunday, June 5, 2016

Dirty Laundry 54

Why is it, even when we know better, we do really stupid things?

I've been home sick with a horrible head cold, sneezing, snotting, coughing, watery eyes, headache etc. So I've been kicking back and hanging out on facebook today. Chatting with a few of the new people who've come into my life in the last few months. Aka, the local witches and drag queens. All was going fine, you know covered in snot but otherwise normal, when bam! There he is. My ex. Not just any of the guys I've been dumb enough to get involved with, but THE EX.   His picture keeps popping up.

You have 5 mutual friends.

5 mutual friends. Why is the universe doing that? And why oh god am I stupid enough to check out his page?  That's the real question right? Can I just blame it on the snotty kleenex and cold pills? No, just checking.

So his page is half loaded when I hit the close tab button. Like a teenaged girl dialing her crush and hanging up. That's how I feel right now. Not that I think teenaged girls bother dialing the crushes and hanging up now a days. Now a days, I'm fairly sure they just stalk them on twitter or instawhateverishotnow. Sending them naked photos of themselves.  It takes guts to be a teenaged girl in today's instant digital world.  Dude, I had it so easy back in the stone ages. You could only be rejected one of two ways, by phone or in person. And your friends only found out about it if they were there when it happened or you cried to them afterwards.  Now, everybody knows instantly. And if they check their instawhateverishotnow before you, there's a high chance they know even before you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment