Saturday, August 13, 2011

A star is born

People love him.

The Celebrity grows more popular all the time.  Every day I log into my blogs and see more and more stats for people having searched for photos of him, for information on him and having landed on my blogs. 

He deserves every bit of the fame he's getting now.  It's just so weird.  Seeing his rise to fame so quickly in the last while.  Not that he wasn't already famous when I stumbled upon him.   I've called him The Celebrity for a reason. But it was still a small portion of the fans who knew who he was.

It was just easier to flirt with him  before he became this popular.  This well known, this much in the spotlight.
It sort of pains me to think I'm not just one of a few but suddenly one of a few million who are trying to grab and maybe keep his attention.  No longer a select group of fans.  He's become such a well known face and name now in the wrestling world.

It's like the secret is out.

When men get this popular, they tend to loose their glow for me. I get bored and know it's time to move on to someone fresher; someone who is nearly impossible to find anything on, who still holds a possibility of the dream.

Only, he's got this weird hold on me.  Never did figure out what it is about him completely that it is I'm drawn to.  Just he's really hot, really talented.  He's what the business should be about. What he can do in the ring is just amazing to watch.  You loose yourself with every movement, every smile, every promo he does.

I was once asked why I love this guy.
That's a bit of a loaded question. Do I love The Celebrity?
I love what I see on the screen every week. The public persona that is delivered in HD.   I've never been introduced to the real man, the man he is at the end of the show, the man who limps back to his hotel and tapes up his injuries.  I have no idea who that side of him is. So I can't love him.
But I love The Celebrity side, the man who shows up on the top of the ramp in the increasingly ugly wrestling gear with the sexy smirk and the beady but smoldering eyes.  Him, I love. The man who's had an affair of the blog with my writing.

He'll never stop inspiring me. He's just under my skin in such a way.  Better off to ask him if he loves me. He's been reading me for so long, knows everything about me inside and out.  Odd how things work out isn't it.
I have turned him into this grand hero for so long that now he truly is one, I'm not sure what to do with myself. I've screamed for the last few years at everyone about how totally perfect he is in his field, how he can seemingly leap to heights and standards that I haven't seen in about 20 years and now people are really starting to understand what I've been saying.

It sort of hurts being lost in the shuffle.
It doesn't matter how many times people point out to me that he is just a man at the end of the day, he's still in a spotlight. A spotlight that is growing across more then one stage. 

2 comments:

  1. The fact you thought that much about it sounds like you love him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous... Not too sure how to reply other then thanks.

    ReplyDelete