Wednesday, February 22, 2017

post it note Feb 22nd

Dear Mr. Scratchy:

Deep breath, letting my shoulders slump, eyes closed. It's been one of those days where I've taken in everyone else's energy.  Which for me, keeps me distracted from writing. My one real love.  Anyways, I keep being told to step out of my comfort zone if I want to actually change my direction in things. I have to confess something. I've been sober now for almost two years. Yeah. no painkillers, since April of 2015. Round the same time I stopped watching company number one actually. But I digress. Damn, I had been living on those things since I was 10 years old. So roughly 30 years of my life had been spent on Demerol and Oxycodone.  I've talked about my injuries so that's really not much of a shocker.
Stepping farther out of my comfort zone, which I'm sure will be laughable to you, but I spent the other day commenting on people's youtubes. I don't comment. Ever. I just panic when I simply think of leaving a comment and never do. It's got the same irrational effect on me as phoning a man does. Sets off a fear and cold sweats. So for the first time, I spent an hour on some of my favourite youtube channels and actually left comments. 6 goth fashion tubes, 4 cooking tubes and 1 wrestling tube later; embarrassment filled but lest I didn't vomit, so that's good.  I know, I've become such an emotional hermit, and you wonder why I blog so much?

I'm not sure why I continue to address these to you Herman. We both know you're more of a figure head now than an actual man anymore. Which pretty much seals it in stone you are/were who I thought you were back in 2008. But addressing 'to Herman's buddies who might have taken over the role' is a bit long to write all the time. But hey, there has been like 5 actors over the decades that did play Herman Munster so what the hell right? The metaphor is very fitting.

Anyways, Mr. Scratchy, I think you're checking in tonight, dressed in a pair of green boxers. Yes, green. And I believe you are wearing a black t-shirt with mustard stains on it. I believe you are sitting with a cup of coffee beside you and a plate of nachos. Yes, nachos. I think you're having a real relaxed sort of night. Maybe have a Doors cd on in the background.

As always, Herman, I hope I made you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment