Wednesday, February 12, 2014

9:24pm

Walsh messaged asking me if I was okay? He said he read the last blog post and thought it was odd, even for me.

Me-:"Fine. Why?"

Walsh-:"It sounded...off. Everything okay?"

Me-:"You realize I weigh as much as one of my wrestlers right now?"

Dead silence.

Walsh-:"Have you seen my older sister lately? She's too thin."  This is true, she looks like a walking skeleton.  "She's barely able to stand more then a minute at a time, she's always so weak."

This is the one who's the same age as me, who's long time boyfriend just left her. She used to be gorgeous, perfect hourglass with thick blonde curls that made everyone else feel like crap. Now, she's not even a 100 pounds.
Walsh having a serious conversation for the first time in like what, a year? Good to know my self absorption for once opened a small window of communication.

Walsh-:"She was having heart palpitations the other day. Had to drive her to the hospital, they had her on iv for a few hours."

No wonder my cousin doesn't want to have any real conversations, there's nothing but bad news going on.

Walsh-:"Which one?"

Me-:"?????"

Walsh-:" Which one of your boys do you weight the same as?"   

Me-:"If the company website profiles are honest...hovering between Dimmer's weight and Rebel without a Cause's."

Dead silence.

Walsh-:"You've been worse."  

This is true, my heaviest was 298 when I was in college twenty years ago. I've been like a yo-yo over the years. My lowest 120pounds when I was going through everything with -----.

Walsh-:"Don't worry about it. At lest you know they could bench press you."


No comments:

Post a Comment