Sunday, May 27, 2018

Dirty Laundry 73

Last week, I was out having coffee with a friend, who asked me to do a tarot reading for her. The Lovers card and the Two of Swords both popped up. Indecision. She nodded and started to rub her back and side. She'd been having sharp pains for a few days. I did the reading, and asked her how things were going with the new guy she was dating, she said that's what the issue was with the indecision. As we continued our conversation, the more her pain seemed to intensify. I told her that was a sign. Her own anxiety about this new guy was expressing itself in physical pain. She needed to dump him. As we changed the topic, and began commenting on other things, her pains seemed to almost vanish completely. Then, she started talking about this other man she'd had one single date with few months ago, and how she was still halfway interested in him.

That other man walked into the coffee shop and surprised the hell out of both of us. There we were both, wide eyed and not sure how to handle it.  He waved and said hello, but didn't stop to chat. My friend turned to me and said out loud, she wondered what the universe was getting at?

She phoned me yesterday to tell me that she had been violently ill all week. The pains got to the point she was vomiting and had to go to the hospital. The doctor's could not find any cause of it. She proceeded to tell me that she broke up with the guy she'd been dating, on Thursday. The pains stopped completely and so did the vomiting.

Here's the thing, she knew all along what she had to do. She just wanted someone else to tell her what she already knew. She'd jumped into a relationship with the wrong man, because she was afraid to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment