Friday, March 11, 2011

Marry or die trying

I was out the other night with my buddy the Musician.  He's got a bit of a crush on this life guard, so we went to the hotel where she was working the pool area.  Only she wasn't around that night, or at lest he didn't recognize her.

We sat in the bar just off the pool area for about awhile before giving up and ending up at a coffee shop.
My buddy said something to me that made me do a double take.   

"I want to be married by my next birthday."  

I nearly choked on my coffee.  He's birthday is rapidly approaching.  I asked him why, he shrugged and just said that he was going to find the Mrs. Musician or die trying. 
I have recently helped him update his profile on a dating site he's on, and have even gone with him to scout out his crushes.  Not too mention, he's got a different date lined up for the rest of the week. 
He's not playing games, or is he?

We all want to find that special person, the one that we can call true love.   I know I'm currently looking.  The difference here is,  I'm looking for THE one, not just anyone, which I'm starting to think my buddy has begun to do.  I'm starting to fear he's going to settle on the first girl who makes it to a second date just to be engaged.

The really crazy of this is, I was talking like he is just a few years ago.  And I have to say, he's the first man I've ever heard talk like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment