Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dirty Laundry 51

I got a message from my cousin Walsh bit ago. "You're giving up?"  I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, and pretty much figured it was meant for someone else and he just had one of those days.  Then a second message came in. "You undead? hahaha."   yeah that one was meant for me, anyone else he would have asked if they were alive, like a normal person.

Me-:"What do you want?"

Walsh-:"You were not at the cafe on Monday. I was there and you weren't. Though you liked it?"

Me-:"Did. And doesn't matter."

Walsh-:"You home?"

Me-:"yeah."  

He banged on my living room window about an hour ago, scaring the hell out of me. I let him into the building, thinking I didn't want to see anyone.

"You're not giving up are you?"

Me-:"Maybe for now. Why?" I was still in my pajamas, am still as I write this. Okay, haven't gotten out of them in a few days but who cares right?

Walsh-:"You shouldn't give up. I think you need to do this, continue with the readings."

Me-:"I don't want to. I don't want to do much of anything right now."  I ended up sitting here listening to him lecture me on being a quitter. Fun times. He picked up a book I'm reading on the history of voodoo, flipping through it laughing. Jerk.  Told me he read the latest on the fairy tale, asked why I did it that way? Then was going on about wrestling, which I think I grunted.  Seriously, I just wanted to punch him. "Haven't watched it in like two weeks."

He laughed, not believing me. Understandable. He asked me something that I couldn't answer from one of the episodes, which then got a look of realization from him. I think I just broke my cousin's heart.  He left had to get back to work, and I sat down to write. Ended up staring at a flashing cursor for a bit, my muse it seems gone and writers block starting again. So, I ended up posting this. Which of course, I would have anyway. Good thing I believe that everything is copy, or I'd never have anything to write about anymore.

Dude, my muse is gone. At lest it feels that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment