Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Therapist

"Nice ass eh?"   A middle aged lady laying on the work out bench next to me commented.  I turned to see her nodding in the direction of the physio therapist.  "If I was just fifteen years younger."

"I was noticing his shoulders actually."   We both got back to our leg exercises in silence for a few moments.  "I wonder how long he's been dating her?"   It was out of my mouth before I had even thought about it.

Lady-: "Who?"

Me-: "That blonde therapist."

Lady-: "Did he say he was dating her or what?"

Me-:"No. But every time the blonde therapist has moved out of the room, my therapist has moved to his desk where he's able to look out into the hallway, and when the blonde therapist was standing near her patients, my therapist has moved back over here to where we are, and I've seen him glancing over at her. She's made a few glances around the room too."

Lady-: "Huh. You see too much. "  she laughed at me.  

My therapist came back over to where I was, dragging this boot shaped machine.  I spent the next half hour with my leg strapped into this electronic boot that sent a light jolt into my leg to get the muscles working and helped to bend my knee. 

Therapist-:"You okay? You look like your going to pass out on me? And I've never had a woman pass out on me before."

Me-: "Am I suppose to be light headed?"  I asked feeling like the room was starting to spin a bit. Good thing I was laying down.

Therapist-: "No. That's not good.  Maybe we should turn the machine down a  few notches. Did you eat this morning?"

Me-: "Yeah. You think that's why I'm feeling light headed?"  

Therapist-: "Make sure you eat lots tomorrow. I plan on wearing you out."  he nodded as he moved back across the room to one of his male patients who was working the mini stairs.

Lady-: "Oh my god."   she was laughing at the whole thing. " He's never talked like that before."

Me-: "Huh. Yeah, I have a theory there's a wrestler somewhere laughing right now about how much a wimp I am."

Lady-: "Pardon?"

Me-: "Nothing, just an inside joke."

No comments:

Post a Comment