Saturday, April 7, 2012

Yes have some

"So what are you up to?" my aunt asked putting a bag of oranges down on the counter.

"Werewolves."  I answered.  She stopped dead in her tracks as my mother laughed. "For my Monster's Library. I'm working on some werewolf stuff."

Aunt-: "What a perfect waste of your time." She said checking her messages. "You really need to think about how you can make some money off this. Maybe go back to doing some reviews."

Me-: "I didn't make any money off of the reviews. Besides, I just felt so drained from the book reviews."

Aunt-:"What about the wrestling? I saw you're back to doing that when I read your blog, see if you can get yourself a job working for one of those magazines."

Me-: " Yes, and did you notice my typos too?"   I cringe at my own inability to spot editing errors. "I'm so out of practice with that whole thing.  I only went back to it because The Other Guy made his big return to the company."

Mom-:"Here we go again. Don't encourage her."  my mother said as the phone rang.  It was my sister and she went off into the other room to talk.

Aunt-:"Huh. No wonder you feel the way you do with her around you."

Me-:"Changing the topic. You read my wrestling review?"

My aunt nodded as she stuck a slice of an orange in her mouth. "I noticed a few things. You said something about getting your questions answered, so I went and watched part of it online. You know what I think, I think The Other Guy has a soft spot for you."

Me-:"Sure he does. Why does everyone always... you know what thank you and leave it at that."

Aunt-:"I don't understand why you refuse to see it."

Me-:"As a writer sure totally see it. He likes the fact I talk about him, made him the hero in two of my novels.  Who wouldn't like having their own personal Jane Austen?"

Aunt-:"I still think you should try getting a job writing for a magazine. Don't understand why you refuse to even try? Have you tried getting an interview with them?"

I laughed for a few minutes after she said that.  Which caused her to raise an eyebrow and get a bit huffy. 

Me-:"Yeah few times.  I have a better chance of having The Celebrity asking me to a Twilight movie marathon."  I thought about that for a second and laughed again for another few minutes.  Actually, that got me in such a laughing fit I ended up with the hic-ups.

Aunt-:"Well, I still think you have enough talent that you should try to make something of it."


No comments:

Post a Comment