Monday, January 21, 2013

Dirty Laundry 22

The mop that I have perched in the corner of the kitchen fell over scaring the life out of me this morning.  I wasn't happy cause that means company would be dropping by.  My mother laughs at me when I mention things like omens and signs, and every time I'm right.
So when my doorbell rang about an hour later, I was just expecting one of those door to door religious groups or someone looking for someone else in the building who got the wrong doorbell.

Surprised to see my cousin Walsh standing there.
       
Walsh-: "I was at my dad's, and my step mom told me to drop this off for you."   It was a book on meditation. "How is everything?"

Me-:"Fine. What's up with you?"

He shrugged. "Same old stuff. So nothing new?"

Me-:"No. Nothing. Why?"

Walsh-:"Just wanted to know if your Mr. Scratchy has come forward yet?"

Me-:"Uh no.  In fact, there hasn't been any indication that he's even still around. Why?"

Walsh-: "Just cause. I haven't heard you say much of anything lately. About anything. Not even about wrestling. Which has been your obsession since we were kids."

 I have no clue where all this was coming from, nor do I really think I want to know.  PartyGirl came out of her apartment, smiling and flipping her hair at Walsh when she spotted him,  as she went to her car.  I rolled my eyes and wondered how other women can just do that?  Just smile and get what they want.

Walsh-:"You're going to tell me that the comment you wrote few months ago about the pay per view, wasn't you?  That they just happened to do what you wrote two hours later?"

Me-: "I'm telling you that for once, yes, that's just too short a timeframe to have read my blog and then set up what they did.  Granted, for about five minutes I believed it, but now...what's gotten into you all of a sudden?  Why egg me on?"

Walsh-:"At our New Years party, one of my wife's new co-workers told us something. She does tarot readings like you do and she did one for us, and it came true."

Me-:"And this has what to do with me? You never used to let me do readings for you when we were kids."

Walsh-:"I can't tell you the whole thing because you'll laugh."

Me-: "I'll laugh? Dude, with everything I believe in there is no way I'll laugh."

But he just wouldn't tell me. He blushed a lot, which he does so prettily.

Walsh-:"Uh...okay...I can't tell you. But, write something about the wrestling. Specifically for one wrestler in Company 1. If it happens, then I know what my wife's friend said is true."

Me-:"Why do I feel like I'm about to get into trouble?"

Walsh-:"No, no this is a good thing. I will tell you this much, if what she said is right, and I really think it is, you will want to do this." he giggled blushing some more. God he reminds me of our Grandfather when he does that. "She described you perfectly. And I know she's never met you, had never seen you before, so just do this. Pick a wrestler and write something."

I was another ten minutes trying to get him to explain but he just wouldn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment