Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tue Jan 15th 2013


Last night was the first episode of the long awaited Carrie Diaries, prequel to Sex and the City.

I just caught up with it on CityTv which is carrying the show here in Canada.

First episodes are always hard to judge.   Did I like this... yes I think it captured the main elements of the prequel books fairly well.   I've got to be honest though, I enjoyed the second of the books more  Summer in the City,  and hope that the show starts to focus more on that part of the "diaries" sooner then later.

I can't really give a full recap as I watched it online, and it kept crapping out on me.  I will assume that was from all the hits causing a bit of a traffic jam... but I will say, if the next three or four episodes are as good as this was, then we're in for the next big thing.

Small rundown of the episode-  Carrie is about to start the new year of high school, and begins what is looking like a new relationship with the new boy in town, and then is offered a job in New York. As she begins to split her time between New York and her own suburb town, she starts to see how much more there is between the person she's been so far and the person she is meant to be. 

The final scene is her sitting at her window tying up her hair in the Carrie trademark way, and writing in her notebook.  The only difference between the way the scene plays in the SATC show and films, is that it is a notebook and not a computer.  I am hoping they introduce a typewriter at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment