Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shake down the walls

I had just picked up a book off my reading pile by Anthony Bourdain, and made it about three paragraphs in, when a door slammed so hard in the building, a picture frame fell off of my living room wall bounced off my sofa and onto the floor.

Then the fighting began from PartyGirl's apartment which is right below me.  Something crashed, then her screaming about the neighbours and the stereo kicking in.

It's starting to get a bit on the scary side lately.
I put on my iPod which did nothing to drown them out, and waited.  Waited till the music stopped, waited till there was footfalls on the stairs, waited till the door to the building slammed. 
Then I went to the window and peaked out into the parking lot. 

This was not the same man PartyGirl had the fight with the other week. The other week the guy had been young in his early twenties, Native.   This guy today, white, older around mid fifties.

One of these days, one of us in this building is going to have to call the cops. I just hope it doesn't have to be me, cause I really don't want to get in that guy's eyesight.

No comments:

Post a Comment