Thursday, January 13, 2011

Are you feeling lucky?

I was watching the movie Like Water for Chocolate  which is a classic foodie love story.  The main character is the youngest daughter of a rancher and is forbidden to marry. Her mother then arranges a marriage between her sister and the main character's boyfriend.  The boyfriend never falls out of love with her, but continues to stay married to the sister.

It's one of those films that makes you wonder about things.

What would you do if the love of your life was just out of reach but always in your life?  Would you believe that you are lucky just to know them or would you feel like your life was ruined?

Love and Lust run a fine line, anyone will tell you that. The question is how do you handle it and when do you know you've hit the bricks?

Personally, I've never known anyone who handles it the way the leads in this film seem to do, but then again, real life tends to be less formal and more sticky. 

If I were thrown into a situation where the love of my life was living in the same building as me with someone else, I would not be able to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment