Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Post-it May 29th

Mr. Scratchy.  It's been fairly quiet here the last few weeks. Not much to chat about.
I pulled out some of my Jane Austen movies last night. I know you will think that to be totally boring. Anyway, I started thinking about romance, writing, honesty, innocence. All the themes in Nothanger Abbey. It's always been one of my favourites.
I think all writers, all artists are in search of these things... don't you agree? I can only imagine that in your line of work honesty and innocence are the first things that become numbed for you guys. That's what I'm here for, to remind you that innocence and honesty are still something people over the age of fifteen hold dear.
I know, there isn't anything exciting in what I have to say or how I live, specially given Mr. Scratchy that you travel constantly for your job and; I'm more then sure, that you've met some very - colourful- characters on a daily basis over the last few years.
Not much happening around here at the moment, just the city crews outside trying to clear the streets from the flooding we had.  Three days of thunder storms and many backed up sewers and half the roads around here closed.
So Mr. Scratchy, while you get ready for your day, I'm sitting here with not much else going on. Much like the characters in a Jane Austen story, dreaming, writing, and just waiting to hear of someone else's adventures. One of these days maybe you'll tell me some of yours over a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment