Monday, October 8, 2012

Mindless Monday October 8th

I'm sitting here right now, blogging when I should be at the cinema.   I had asked my sister two weeks ago, when she invited my mom to Thanksgiving dinner (Canada has it a month early from the U.S.) with her and her family.   She said if they didn't have to pick up the kids she'd be able to take my crippled ass.
The kids were dropped off last night, so they did not have to pick up the kids.

I got up, got ready and waited.  And waited, and waited.  Sister wasn't answering when mom called. Fifteen minutes after the movie had started, my sister buzzed asking if mom was ready to go.

It was beyond too late to go to the movie. 

There is another showing at 4:45pm.  I'm debating on if I should bother calling a taxi and going to that one?  That, would cost me $80 total - for taxi there, the movie which is a 3D and therefore more expensive to begin with and a taxi home.

I'm sitting here now, upset, typing this thinking.  I was watching Sex and the City earlier, and watched the episode  "Secret Sex"  where this male friend of Carrie's is having a relationship with a girl he's not wanting to introduce to anyone because she's not pretty enough. 
That is how my family has made me feel my whole life.

But this whole thing today with my sister made me think of the millions of times over the years when I was growing up, of the broken promises from our dad.  So many times he would promise to take me and my friends to the mall, to the movies, swimming etc and we'd be ready to go and he'd be late.  So late to the point we'd miss the event and my friends' parents would already be back to pick them up.  And of course when dad did show up, he'd be too drunk to stand up.
My sister was not drunk, she's just a bitch.

This today, was never about the movie.  It's just a movie which will be out in 3 months on DVD.  What upset me was the broken promise. 

Relationships are only as good as the trust and honesty people are willing to put into them. Doesn't matter if they are between lovers or friends or siblings.   When you are not willing to be the person you make yourself out to be, you destroy the bonds that you might need in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment