Thursday, October 18, 2012

Post-it Oct 18th 2012

So I have been home for a full day.  Still adjusting to being back in the hovel.
Looking around at the bits and pieces of my life. Nothing feels like me anymore. I know, it's been just over 7 months, but I feel detached from everything here.

I've seen the neighbour from across the hall three times since I've been back.  Getting his mail, taking out the trash, talking to one of his buddies at the door for awhile.  But haven't seen the wife or kid?  It was only two months ago, when I met the new neighbour and he told me his wife was about to have their first kid any day.
So where are they?  

Well, Mr. Scratchy; Herman, it's been raining here all day, just the way I like it. Dark, cloudy, that October chill. These are the days when you just want to curl up on the sofa with someone and drink some hot chocolate or something.

I'm just trying to sort out where I fit in; in all this?  This doesn't really feel like my life anymore. Doesn't really feel like my "home" anymore. Just feels like a giant storage closet.  With a big layer of dust from 7 months of non-use.  Dreading the housework ahead of me, housework is just not sexy.

Other then the mystery of the neighbours, there isn't much going on today here.  Just settling back into this place. Trying to find the balance between who I was before the knee injury and who I am now. Which is odd when you think about it. Who would have thought a broken bone would change your world both physically and emotionally? 

Okay Mr. Scratchy, I hope you're afternoon is going well. I imagine you reading this maybe on your coffee break from all that research I believe you are doing for that thesis, I think you are working on. I imagine you reading this, scratching your head, maybe wondering which of your buddy's costume party to go to for Hallowe'en?  Go to the one who's having the Rocky Horror Picture Show theme.  RHPS... now there's an idea for a blog theme... anyways, hope I brought a smile to your face Mr. Scratchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment