Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Post it Oct 10th 2012

I actually made it tonight to the cinema Mr. Scratchy.
And as I sat there, watching this film that was a love story and about family; while I was sitting surrounded by a room full of couples, and families, I felt so out of place.   Alone.

I go to the cinema by myself all the time, or I should say I did until my knee injury, so I have no idea why it got to me tonight. Must have been the movie.
I'm like the only one in my family who enjoys going to movies and shopping and going for coffee alone.  The rest of the people in my family won't.  But that's something else for another time.

Tonight Herman, I just felt alone.

Anyways, I imagine you reading this tonight, dressed in something warm, those pajama bottoms and a long sleeve shirt, a mug of hot tea in hand, maybe it's Earl Grey, a stack of research to one side of your desk and a stack of art journals on the other side.  I imagine those art journals are open showing off sketches that you're in the middle of.  Maybe they are even of fellow wrestlers.  Stuff you drew while sitting around one night in the locker room or while traveling. 
I imagine you pushing up the wire rimmed glasses, your dog by your chair, and some weird Japanese rock band on in the background. That's too weird... make it some unknown punk band you were introduced to once or something.  Something that reminds you of really early Billy Idol or something.
And while I think of all that going on around you, you are reading this wondering why Herman, Mr. Scratchy, I haven't been snatched up yet by a real magazine? 
Hope I made you smile Herman.

No comments:

Post a Comment