Saturday, October 6, 2012

Love bites

I've been watching a lot of Vampire Diaries lately.  I just bought both season 1 and season 2 on DVD.
So far, the show seems to be more about family relations then it is anything else.  How the two main brothers deal with being vampires and the town they helped to found. 
Another sub-plot happens to be one character's dating a man who's exwife returns.

This whole situation has me thinking about relationships and how we define them.  I know, I've come back to this topic a few times, but it's something that is never truly black and white.

If someone is in your life for years, then disappears, either because of death, divorce or desertion, where does that leave you?
The short answer is hurt.   The long answer is so much more complicated.

Relationships, be them romantic, business or family; can turn you in knots at times.  And sometimes they leave you wondering about trust.
Other times you're just left having to clean up other people's messes.

This has all got me thinking, are we ever free of the bonds of the past, or are we doomed to keep falling into the same traps?

No comments:

Post a Comment