Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday night May 5th

Having a coffee, watching tonight's wrestling, when there was a strange music started to play.  I sat there for a few minutes before I realized it was coming from my purse, it was my phone. I had gotten a new phone and haven't gotten used to the new ringtone yet.

I didn't even have to check the id to know it was my cousin Walsh.  "Hey, tried to text but it said couldn't be received. What's going on?"

Me-:"New phone, haven't a clue. What's new?"

Walsh-:"You watching the show?"

Me-:"Yeah."

Walsh-:"Your man lost. Big time."

Me-:"Yeah for the moment."   I heard the kids screaming in the background and my cousin's wife telling everyone to shut up. "What's new on your end?"

Walsh-:"I was at the hockey game last night, guess who I bumped into?"

Me-:"The zamboni driver?" I got up to make another coffee.

Walsh-:"Hahaha! Yeah actually, one of my buddies actually drives the zamboni for the local games. But, also, the new reporter was there, covering the game for the news. He was seated two rows from us. You should start going to games."

I just sort of grunted. "Like I said, if I happen to bump into him around town when I'm out, I'll start a chat with him. But I'm not going to go places I have no interest in just to meet him."

Walsh-:"Which is why I say you're hiding. Don't turn into auntie."

Me-:"Good point. Commercials over. Anything else you want to lecture me on?"

Walsh-:"Uh...your man looked like he was going to cry."

Me-:"He looked hurt to me."

Walsh-:"He looked more then that. But anyways, better go, just wanted to rub your nose in the fact he lost, and to tell you about the reporter. Wife's friend Brenda made a few comments about him at the game. She's going to beat you to him."  he made a tisk tisk noise a few times then laughed.


No comments:

Post a Comment