Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday May 1st

I got a message from my cousin Walsh earlier today, asking first if I had seen the wrestling from Monday and if I so, did I have it on the dvr still?  I told yes to both.  He showed up around 3:30pm to flip through the episode.

Walsh-:"You look freaked, what's wrong?"

Me-:"Issues with my main blog. It's vanished into thin air and the blog host isn't responding."

Walsh-:"What?"

Me-:"The name needs to be renewed but there's some glitch and it's just lost. So I'm just a bit...distracted."

He grunted pausing the wrestling to get up and get a coffee. We continued watching the episode, till we got to the Pack's promo. "See what he did there?"

Me-:"What?"

He rewound the promo pointing to Mad Hatter. "The wall by the window."  I shrugged.

Me-:"Just tell me what you want me to understand cause I'm not paying attention."

Walsh-:"Your story. He's doing what you wrote the character...he's letting you know he's still paying attention."

Me-:"Your crush on him is way bigger then mine is. Admit it, you want him." I grabbed the remote and watched the promo paying attention to what Mad Hatter was doing.  "Okay...yeah that does seem like the scene I wrote the other day..."  I have no idea how I missed something like that when I watched it live the other night?

Walsh-:"See, don't give up hope." he elbowed me gently. I slapped him cause my ribs are still bothering me after almost two weeks. "Heard my step-mom was trying to set you up."

Me-:"I wouldn't call it a set up as much as her telling me to stalk the poor boy."

Walsh-:"I think for once, she's got a good idea. I've seen the reporter around town doing location segments, and he seems really down to earth. If I was you, I would stalk him."  he air quoted the word stalk. "You know, get on twitter or facebook and friend him, start a conversation about something. That's why her and her friend wanted you to show up at the cafe eh?"

Me-:"I'm guessing."

Walsh-:"You've got to start somehow. You've been hiding for too long."

Me-:"Hiding? You think that I'm hiding?"

Walsh-:"Um yeah no doubt. You've been hiding since before your knee injury. And if you don't blog this then I know you're a coward."

Me-:"Tell you what. If I bump into the dude while out I'll start a conversation. That work for you?"

Walsh-:"Suppose. Feeling any better?"

Me-:"Nope. I ran that blog for four years..."

Walsh-:"Not the blog, the fact Mad Hatter is still reading you. That Mr. Scratchy is still reading you."

Me-:"Honestly, I'm not sure anything would make me feel better right now."

Walsh-:"Not even if Mad Hatter opened up and started talking to you?"

I let out a breath, closing my eyes. "That would be golden but dude, it's just been years. Dimmer on the other hand, I could see him reaching out. Ever since that one promo he did last year..." I looked at my cousin then sort of started off into space before grabbing the laptop and pulling up the promo of Dimmer from last year with the fake glasses. I showed it to Walsh not sure why suddenly it seemed so damned important? "We missed something here. I think Dimmer has more to do with things then I ever thought?"

Walsh shook his head shrugging. "Stick with Mad Hatter. I think he's more your type."

Me-:"Right now, any guy between 28-37 who's breathing is my type."


No comments:

Post a Comment