Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday 8:44pm

Dear Herman:

I imagine you checking in tonight, a cup of tea, lemon pie, and a bag of buttered-caramel popcorn in hand. I imagine you sitting there, squinting at me, then smiling wide, showing the post to a buddy of yours that doesn't believe in the stuff I believe in, and him spooked cause I'm right. And if I am wrong, then you've got your laugh for the night.
I imagine you dressed in dirty jeans, the cuffs completely ruined and frayed, maybe a pocket torn, black boots, yes I think you've got boots on still, and a t-shirt...I can't decide if it's yellow or green...either way it has a large splotch on it near your hip from someone smashing into you and dropping ice-cream or frothy coffee or ...hot chocolate on you.  Yeah, that's it, hot chocolate.

And I think you're starting to jot down notes on a small napkin, while thinking it's way past time to get to the laundry.

Song of the day that I just can't get out of my head is that old one "How soon is Now?"  mostly, because it's the theme for the tv show Charmed and I've been watching episodes of it all day.

Smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment