Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pet?

I woke up this morning at 6am, which is as of recently, very very unusually early for me. Went into the bathroom, turned on the lights and screamed.  The biggest spider I have ever seen ever outside of a zoo was looking back at me.  It was the size of my hand the legs longer then my fingers, just hanging out on my wall between the light switch and the towel rack. 
After a round of "oh my f***ing god that's f***ing huge!" I grabbed the hairspray bottle and started to just spray the wall. Not bug killer, hair spray.  For those who don't know, hairspray works 10 times better then bug spray because it causes them to be unable to move from the stickiness. I peaked back in, didn't see it anymore which actually made me freak out a bit more cause it was too big to have just vanished. Then it popped up right beside me again. Another round of "oh my god" a few "eww" and more spraying of the hairspray all over the wall and door frame. I was coughing and finding my eyes feeling sticky from the amount of hair spray in the room, and finally it curled in on itself and died.

I don't even want to know where it came from, or how it got in my bathroom. Needless to say, big rain storm then. Try it, next time you see a spider and you kill it, notice how it will rain/snow for a while after. The bigger the spider, the bigger the storm.

So about fifteen minutes ago, I hear the across the hall neighbour open his door, talking to someone. Then my doorbell rang. He was standing there in a pair of shorts and an open robe, looking very embarrassed. There was an open jar in his hand. He's pet sitting.

Oh god! I'm thinking all this horrible stuff suddenly. Did I just hairspray someone's pet?  I'm praying please don't let him say his buddy's pet was a massive spider, please! 

No, his buddy's pet is a lizard, and the spider was bought as food for the lizard.  Only slight sigh of relief. Told him I killed the spider, and asked if he needed money to go buy another?  He shook his head and said they had a few handfuls of crickets still.

Spiders don't normally freak me out, but the size of that creature did. This is one time when yes, size does matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment