Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jealous?

Sophia, the Wannabe Socialite. 
I've talked about her before on both my main blog and my society blog

Here is the short version.... Sophia has been in and out of rehab over the last few years. She wants to be a singer and an actress. She's gay but has not come out to everyone yet, and recently I bumped into her. 

I stood there this past weekend, when I had bumped into her, listening to her go on about the local theater company she's in and the musical she's trying to get money to produce.  I'm happy for her, she's been working on this musical for the last four years.  
When I told her about the recent success I've had with my own writing, she snorted and started to fidget with a store display not even listening to me.  Her friend who was with her, whom I've never met before was happy for me.
The worst part, Sophia is working with my ex boyfriend. She slammed it in my face on more then one occasion too. Letting me know he's one of the theater group she's planning on moving to Toronto with.

What hurts here is that she's someone I considered a sister for years.  She's one of my sister's oldest friends and when her life hit rock bottom, our mom took her in letting her live with us for three years.

I've had one person tell me she's just jealous. Okay, I'll take that as a compliment. Doesn't make the sting any less.

No comments:

Post a Comment