Saturday, August 27, 2011

Can I buy you a drink?

Onions. If mother hadn't wanted a bag of onions I would not have talked today to Storm. But she did, and now, I want to strangle him.

Seeing that he was back to work today, I made the mistake of asking how he was doing. My mistake.  He seemed like he needed to talk, but changed the topic as soon as he started to mention his kid.  He started talking about the fact that he was working the store's weekend charity. 

Storm-: "So you'll come back in like an hour and buy some floats right? You won't leave me hanging?"

Me-: "Floats?"

Storm-: "Yeah. I'm like the one they get to do all the charity stuff, this is like my sixth run of this in the last few months. But the way I'm feeling I don't want to be here.  My shifts over in half an hour then I have to do this."

Me-: "Yeah but if you bail, don't you sort of leave the store hanging?"

Storm-: "Yeah.  So you'll come back and buy a few right?"    he had that sideways smirk going again. 

I said sure and dropped off the onions and went back about an hour later.   Only he wasn't there.  There was nothing set up for it even.  I went had a coffee, and a short walk, thinking I was just a bit early, swung around again around 2pm.  I did see someone working the station in the back near the Starbucks, but it wasn't Storm.

Okay, so either I just got played or this guy is a dick.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like hes stringing you along. you need to forget about him and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous... Thanks. I'm not sure what to think about this guy, if he's looking for something or just a really big flirt?

    ReplyDelete