Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Post-it June 5th 2012

It's 11:44pm on a fairly still night. Light breeze coming through the window. Someone somewhere is talking about me as my ear is burning.
Okay Mr. Scratchy, I had started to write something else for you, but I changed my mind. Totally chickened out.
Instead, I'm going to ask you if argyle is meaning anything to you right now?  I have no idea where that came from, just popped into my brain as I was typing.  I scare myself sometimes.
And if it does mean something to you, then I've no doubt scared you a bit as well.  And if it doesn't, then write it off as my normal bizarreness.
Hopefully, I stopped scaring you years ago.  Hopefully, when you read the oddities that I type, you just smile and say things like "yeah sounds about right".
So Mr. Scratchy, what is it tonight?  Just getting in from the gym?  Maybe you had a lovely spring night where you are and were out mountain biking?  Or for a jog or something?  Disk-golf maybe?
And now, I'm imagining you sitting with a beer maybe while you work on that painting I believe you do. Or, with a guitar, working on some lyrics?    Whatever it is Mr. Scratchy that you're doing, I hope you've had a great day and a lovely night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment