Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Box that up

I was talking to G-Babbs, this morning just outside of the grocery on my way to mom's, when my across the hall neighbour spotted us.  He came over to where we were standing, G-Babbs's dog growling and shivering like he wasn't sure if he should like the dude or not.

Neighbour-:"I heard you're moving."

Me-:"Who told you?"

Neighbour-:"Landlord."

G-Babbs-:"He's got a big mouth." she grabbed her dog picking it up to keep him quiet. 

Neighbour-:"You are a good quiet neighbour, going to suck once you're gone."   

G-Babbs elbowed me, I elbowed her back. "That's because I was never home. Spent all my time at mom's."

Neighbour-:"Well, if you need any help, moving stuff just let me know."

Me-:"Thanks. I'll most likely need to hire movers and I have no idea what that's going to cost? So, yeah I'll most likely be needing help when the time comes. Thanks."

He just stood there for a few seconds. "So are you moving in with your mom then?"

Me-:"No! No, that would...no!"  G-Babbs smirked making a noise. "I'm needing to move cause of all the stairs since my knee. No, I'm as healed now as I'm ever going to be. And I just can't afford the rent hike."

He nodded, made a comment about his new hair cut, and smiled grabbing a cigarette but didn't light it. "Yeah my girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, she had to move cause of disability and not being able to afford where she was anymore either. Totally sucks. I mean, I'm just me and I'm finding it difficult with a full time job, well part time now, but I don't know how much longer I can handle it there either. The rent is ridiculous."

G-Babbs tugged on my purse strap gesturing towards the grocery. "We shouldn't keep you, we need to get a few things and head back to her mom." 

My neighbour nodded and was off then towards the apartment building while I walked a bit with G-Babbs and her dog. "Huh."

Me-:"Huh what?"

G-Babbs-:"He's cute."

Me-:"Don't remind me."

G-Babbs-:"How long he been living there?"

Me-:"Not completely sure. He moved in when I had my knee injury two years ago, then he left or so I thought cause there was an older woman living there, and he's been back the last couple of months. So I really have no idea what's going on."

G-Babbs-:"And you're sure that older lady wasn't his girlfriend, excuse me ex-girlfriend?"

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter."

She slapped my arm nodding back towards the direction he'd gone in as we entered the grocery, her little dog firmly in hand. I spotted Storm working and asked him if he could get me some more boxes.

G-Babbs-:"Doesn't matter? A guy, a young cute buck like that offers to help you move and you say it doesn't matter? Spill it. What's going on with you two?"

Me-:"What?"

G-Babbs-:"You saying you aren't sleeping with him?"

Me-:"I'm not sleeping with him. He's like married with a kid."

G-Babbs-:"He didn't say anything about a wife and kid. In fact he made it very clear he's single. I saw the way he was leaning towards you. I say go for it. You deserve it."

Me-:"Ex wife, ex-girlfriend, current girlfriend. Doesn't matter, he's still got a young kid. So not going to even think about it."

G-Babbs-:"Well, then you're making a mistake cause he's obviously got a crush on you."

Me-:"I...no...really?"


No comments:

Post a Comment