Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Feb 10th 2015

I swear the world runs on drama. I know my life seems to.

My sister called me the other night, and we ended up talking for over an hour. Which, is not something you would consider normal between us.  She is listed as one of two contacts on our dad's emergency list.
He's currently in hospital, in ICU after having suffered two massive strokes. They also found a heart blockage and cancer.  If he makes it through this, he'll need someone to feed him and clean him. If he doesn't, then he won't make it through the weekend.

My family life was not pretty. Our father was an abusive man. I haven't had anything to do with him in over a decade, or his side of the family for that matter.

The other name on the emergency list was his ex-girlfriend. Who left him three years ago, for god only knows what reasons. She showed up last night causing all kinds of shit for my sister and mom.

I don't know how I feel.  I'm angry, I'm sad, I'm hurt...I hate the fact I still care.

No comments:

Post a Comment