Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wink wink

Yesterday, while propped up on mother's sofa with my braced up knee, I decided to rent a movie on the tv.  Puss in Boots.   The very name of it sounds naughty doesn't it?
It was the new version that Disney put out few months back, and from the opening scene which is Puss leaving a fluffy white cat in bed to sneak off, my eyebrows were raised.
I am forever wondering how certain things can be slipped into what's suppose to be children's programs that are very much for adults?
It's been happening for years in movies, and it's gotten less hidden as each movie has been made. And yes, I know much of it floats over the heads of the kids who watch it, much of it is soaked up on an unconscious level.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit  comes to mind as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment