Friday, March 16, 2012

Pulling punches

Nura-:"You should do like a whole theme of sex in another city. Like they did on the show"

Me-:"Yeah brilliant idea get right on that expect for the nagging fact my knee is broken and I'm going to be looking at close to four months or more of hell known as therapy."

Nura-:"I mean like afterwards. When you're better and can travel smartass."

Me-:"At the rate this is going, I'm looking at not being able to even get to the grocery until October."

Nura-:"You really need to calm down. But I was watching SATC this morning, the one where she dates the writer. And I started to wonder what happened to that writer you were with."

Me-:"Sci-Fi Guy? What about him?"

Nura-:" I thought you said the two of you got along. Why don't you call him?"

Me-:"Because that was three years ago and the last time I did talk to him, he seemed like he was into someone else."

Nura-:"But you liked him?"

Me-:"Bit. He has these blue eyes that could give The Other Guy a run for his money."

Nura-:"And there is your problem. Enough with the wrestlers. No man will ever measure up to The Other Guy or The DoubleStarr and not The Celebrity. Specially not The Celebrity so you really need to you know, think about normal men."

 Me-:"And I wouldn't call one date being with."

Nura-:"It was more then that wasn't it?"

Me-:"Few emails, couple of phone calls but otherwise no. Just a date."

The chat was short tonight, or I should say it got derailed as I started to have a freak out over the new blogger regional issues. Nearly had a full on panic attack when things started to go shifty on me. But as I sit here now trying to deal with the new blogger stuff, I have to admit Nura is right. No one will measure up as far as I'm concerned. That is other then Mr. Scratchy.  But in the meantime...


No comments:

Post a Comment