Friday, March 2, 2012

Tidbits 2nd March

One of the roommates I had when I was in the hospital this past week after my knee surgery, was telling me about how she met her husband.
They had been together for over 35 years.  High school sweethearts who just knew they could not be with anyone else.
She also seemed to think that this one Medic who had brought me in was interested in me because he hung around for an extra half hour afterwards.   I don't know about that cause he didn't even bother to tell me his name. Besides, me screaming my head off clutching my knee I'm sure was not a turn on.

The second roommate was telling me about how she met her husband too.  Again, they'd been together for over 30 years, which I didn't believe at first because she didn't look old enough. They met through her dad whom her husband had worked with.  Another case were they said they just knew after one hour of talking that they were going to be together for the rest of their lives.

Third story of love came from one of the hospital cleaning staff.  Said she met her husband 15 years ago right out of high school.  He spotted her in a bar and left his cigarettes on their table as an excuse to come back to talk.  Said they've been together ever since.

These are the types of stories I love to hear.  Forever love, the kind that has you smiling for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment