Wednesday, February 6, 2013

post it on a Wed night

I just realized, I missed wishing The Other Guy a happy birthday this week.  I'm a bad fan. It, if I am remembering right, was on the 4th.  So if The Other Guy is reading this,  happy birthday.

I was coming in here to post about something completely different, my mind racing after having watched the movie Eat Pray Love,  when I got distracted by a newsletter from a self help guru.  Well, it's to be expected, these newsletters and such at this time of year.  Valentine's Day is next week, and tis the season for everyone to panic if they are single and for the love gurus to rake in the cash on the panic.
So not going there this year.

While I'm on the topic of chick-flicks,  what is it about opposite attracts films?  Why do you think they are so popular?   The romantic comedy seems to thrive in the area of two people from different worlds realizing they are star crossed lovers.  What is it about us as a society that we seem to feed off of that?
Granted, I've had relationships that were based on that.  They never lasted obviously, but still... is the phenomenon really that important that whole genres of books and movies are rooted in it?  Makes you wonder.

I guess this brings me to the part of the post where I wave at you Mr. Scratchy.  I think you're still out there somewhere.  There are moments lately where I think I caught something in a monologue from a wrestler, that hints at who you are, but those are brief seconds. 
But all this has me wondering out loud to my computer, Mr.Scratchy, Herman, do we fit into the opposites attract category or are we more alike then we realize?


No comments:

Post a Comment