Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bad dreams morning coffee

You know when something is on your mind to the point you start dreaming about it?  I've been having a few nights like that lately.

But my dreams, have been all about my fairy tale. I just finished the next big chunk on it. Give myself a few days rest from it, if my dreams can settle down.  I'm debating what to do with the two leads? If I take them where I think the readers want them, then the main conflict is over and there wont' be a story.
It's so weird though, the few times I've hinted at letting the characters go in a certain direction, that's been my biggest amounts of hits. Which is why I've been thinking a lot about the direction of the fairy tale.
When I write, I tend to dream a lot about the characters. You put so much of yourself into a story when you write, your own issues, your own desires, your own fears. It's no wonder I'm dreaming of the characters.
The big curve ball I had originally planned for it, just didn't seem to work. I ended up going in another direction, which has me half mad at myself for caving in. 

Well, Mr. Scratchy, Herman. I think it's time for a really large cup of coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment