Tuesday, October 8, 2013

When love gets in the way

I've mentioned before about liking the song "I put a spell on you". That old song from like the 1950's/1960's.
Well, I can't get it out of my head last few days. It's stuck there, no matter how many times I listen to it.
I've also mentioned many times, that I believe in a lot of things. I've seen too many things not to.  When you surround yourself with self proclaimed psychics and real shamans and voodoo priestesses, you would be stupid not to expect to see things. I'm a magnet for the weird, and I love it. Most of the time I love it.

And you're wondering what does the title have to do with that right?  Some might say, I've let my desire for real love get in the way of my spiritual search. Some might say that I haven't found that right love because I'm constantly on the look out for it. And some might even say, that I need to keep searching for it to find enlightenment.
Confusing isn't it?

It always comes back to that for me. No matter how you slice it, love is the missing factor, the driving factor in my life.
I get myself tangled up in the who's and where's of it constantly.  I was chatting with a random person last night on the social site, and they were telling me how they met their girlfriend, at the cinema.  It made me stop everything and try not to cry. As what they were telling me, was nearly word for word something I had written a few years ago in a short story. A story I had given up on because once I had written the meeting of the lead characters, I felt that was all that was needed.
It was really crazy. It literally left me breathless, not too mention speechless.

Add it to the weird magnet column.

So, it seems I can write the happy ending. Just not for myself. But with that said, Mr. Scratchy, Herman... I hope you read this and smile, nod, chew your bottom lip and mumble to yourself "that's my girl." while your buddy leans over your shoulder reading out loud, with a giggle and agrees with you, spilling his coffee carelessly on your jacket.

and as always, hope I brought a smile to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment