Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So I asked a question

I put a few questions out there on the book site fan groups I'm part of and the one other social network I'm on, and one of the questions was about men feeling the pressure to wax/shave their upper bodies.

I know as a wrestling fan, you never see wrestlers who are hairy, it just doesn't happen anymore. But more and more men in general seem to be hairless.   Twenty years ago, when I was young and foolish I would have said I'd never date a man who was hairy.  That's something I'd laugh at my young self for now. (I'm still foolish)
I've dated guys who have been so smooth you wonder if they even hit puberty yet, and I've dated guys who were so hairy that I wondered if they were the missing link?

Personally, there's just something about a guy with some fuzz.

Of course, none of the guys in the groups or on my friends lists answered. But about a dozen of the women did with their options on hairy men.
I'm ashamed to say, most of them were negative on the topic.

So what does that say about us, the women of our species?   Have we become so intolerant?  (yeah I made that same comment few weeks back about the uncircumcised issue too) Apparently, for a few of the ladies who answered me, yes they have, as they stated hairy men are deal breakers.

Seriously?  Dumping a man because he's got hair on his chest?  I can't get over that, specially considering there are worse issues to face in relationships at any given time.
The ironic part of this bit of research was, all the women who bothered to join in and answer me, said they expect a man to accept everything about them. 

Is that the key issue that really needs to be faced in this generation, the idea that no one seems to want to tolerate each others quirks?

On a night like this I just couldn't help but wonder, are we expecting too much for too little in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment