Monday, September 5, 2011

He touched my turnip

Knowing that this being a long weekend, the stores would be closed today, mom planned yesterday for today's supper, sending me in search of turnip.
As I was in the infamous produce area, Mr. iPod and Storm were working on a display of grapefruit. I was in a mood and really just wanted to get out of there.

No such luck Storm spotted me and screamed out my name then asking how my day was as he hadn't seen me around for a few days.  I told him that I was having a crap time of things.   What I should have said was that I was in a rush, but I wasn't that smart.

He moved away from Mr.iPod, and sort of cornered me wanting to know what was wrong.  I told him about being stood up not once, but twice actually by the Ramsey Fan. 
Storm, suddenly became like a stringed puppet unable to stand still.  He leaned towards me, then away from me, then said he was sorry to hear that.

He then went into a speech about his kid and while he was talking, one of the new guys started to collect up the baskets a few feet away from us, and I looked.   Storm saw me looking and moved around me so that he was directly blocking my view of the new guy.

Hmm.

Then he complimented my shirt and necklace.  Let me point out that I was wearing a baggy old shirt with a movie logo on it and my necklace was a dark stone that was the same colour as the shirt.  He would have had to really be studying my boobs to see the necklace.

Then he literally leaned into my basket pulled out the items and started to talk to himself about the turnip. 
The new guy moved another few feet towards us and Storm sort of guided me towards the checkout.

I walked out of the store in silent disbelief.  Talk about mixed messages.   And why did he need to know what was in my shopping basket?

No comments:

Post a Comment