Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I had an Eric

It was laundry day today.  I was over at mother's, doing her laundry {and threw in a few items of my own} when this lady who moved into the building few months ago, started talking to us while we were sorting towels.

First she asked me how I was.  I told her fine.  Then she turned to my mother and told her that "you have a very pretty daughter."

This is a comment you expect from seniors who are in their 80's etc;  not from a woman who is only in her early 40's.
Nor is this the first time she's said this to my mom or similar to me. 

More than a few times when I've been coming into the building, she's been standing around the lobby just waiting and the second she sees me has come running over to where I am making strange purring sounds.  She's like a stalker in a mild sense.

Is she crazy or just a Lesbian with no straight-dar? 

It got to the point today where I had to mention a guy's name out loud in front of her; in fact butting in to inform my mother that "Eric" had decided to grow a beard.   Ironically mother caught the idea and agreed that "Eric" needs to shave. 
This seemed to do the trick and the stalker-woman stopped complimenting me for the remainder of the time we were getting the laundry. 

Now, if I can just meet a guy that easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment