Friday, September 2, 2011

Lack of communication

The other night, Nura and I were chatting for awhile and mid sentence she stated that she hasn't had sex with her husband more then 13 times since Valentines Day.

It threw me for a loop. 
For some people, that's normal or above normal.  For Nura and Earnan, that's a major drought and miscommunication.   This is a couple who have no issues getting it on at the drop of a hat, in front of people even. 

I could do nothing but sit there listening as she told me about her marriage crumbling.  

I have said it before many times, other then talking; sex is the biggest part of communication.  When you stop having sex in your relationship, you have stopped over half of your communication in your relationship.

As I sit here now thinking about her situation, I have to wonder if they can repair their marriage or not?

There is an episode of Sex and the City, where Carrie and Big's sex life starts to slow down which freaks Carrie out, while Miranda has been celibate for months.  Both are feeling a lack of connection and are unable to express themselves properly.

There is always another issue underlining a lack of sexual communication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment