Monday, September 19, 2011

Hug me

The phrase "emotional roller coaster" has been popping up everywhere today.

It's one of those days where a hug would be the perfect ending to a stressful day.  Only, there's nobody here to get that hug from.
It's been proven by science, by doctors, by therapists, by advice columnists, by kids on the playground that something as simple as a hug does the body and spirit good. 

I had planned on coming in here and posting about an episode from Sex and the City  but changed my mind {may post about it later} because my mind keeps wandering. Simple as that. 
It keeps wandering to the last time I got a hug from somebody.  And I don't mean those fake how you dos from the type of people who like to air kiss so that their make-up doesn't get ruined when they bump into you at the mall either. 
Real caring there for you hugs.  And the sad part is, I can not for the life of me remember the last time I got a hug.

For some of us, as we age we find that human contact is a plentiful thing every time we turn around and for the rest of us, it's as sparse as rain in the desert. 
It's moments like this that has me wondering when there might be a rain shower to ease the suffering?

No comments:

Post a Comment