Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bad sad info

My sister borrowed my Sex and the City movie for a girl's night with her friend. Her phone buzzed while she was standing there at the door. It was her friend whom she was having the girl's night for. Seems she was upset over a guy she'd just started seeing.

Sister-: "Oh my god. Idiot." she mumbled while checking the text

Me-:"What?"

Sister-:"B. is upset because of something she found out about her boyfriend or whatever you want to call him."

Me-: "Oh? Like what, drugs or something?"

Sister-:"She saw his facebook. Saw a bunch of other women commented on his page."

I know I made a face and sort of groaned. "She net stocked him. Dude, that's so wrong."

Sister-:"Yeah, she...hang on. Better go. This might be a two bottle of wine situation if she's upset. Get to the liquor store before it closes."

This is why I don't like things like twitter or facebook.   I learned the hard way few years back with one of my ex's on myspace. 
Ironically, there is a line from one of the SATC episodes (I can't remember which one or which season and I'm too lazy to go through my DVDs hunting for it) where Carrie googles one of her dates and learns he's got a reputation a mile long and says "I'm not that kind of google"  (my quote might be slightly off but close enough) 

No comments:

Post a Comment