Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fabulous

I had been hanging out on this party planning site earlier in the evening, and spotted some really great SATC themed parties, and it got me thinking about the last party I had. It was myself, Bonnie and JTGG. We drank too much, ate too much and acted like we owned the world. Back when I was still involved with  -----.  I remember we waited half the night for him, but he never showed. That was the birthday I turned 30.
 
I'll be 39 later this month. 

I started thinking about how much that show has coloured my world in the last 15 years. God, has it really been that long?  (show started in 1998) Anyways, I've known people who are, or at lest were when I hung out with them, that are just like the characters.   I've known a real life Miranda, real life Samantha, real life Stanford, I still know a real life Charlotte, and more then a few who would fit the Carrie idea.  Me, I'm sort of a mix between Carrie and Charlotte.
And the men. Everyone I've known has had their share of Treys, Aidans, Steves, Smiths, Richards, and Mr. Big. (I think I've mentioned this fact before)

The me I was when I knew those people is so far from the me I am now.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad? I've made so many mistakes when it comes to relationships, that I'm not sure I even want to try anymore.  At the same time, at lest I know what won't work for me, what I will not put up with.  Less chance of getting a broken heart.

I sit here tonight, Mr. Scratchy, wondering if you've ever had your heartbroken?  And if there was a tv show that coloured your life the way SATC has for me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment