Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Just a tip

Everyone who has spent any time talking to me, knows how much of a SATC fan I am. I was hanging out again in the online book site, chatting about the SATC (the original book, the prequels, show and movies and how they differ in places)  when one of the girls made a comment about an episode. She had just had a real life Sex and the City moment with this new guy she's just started to date.

To her shock, she found out he wasn't circumcised.

In the second season, (Season 2 Episode 21 Old Dogs New Dicks) Charlotte dates a guy who is uncircumcised and freaks out about it, and talks him into getting it done.

She asked me what I thought about men who are not circumcised?  That's a good question actually, I've got to say, it really depends on the guy. Plain and simple. 
I've been with guys who were and I've been with guys who weren't.  Some of the guys, it actually made them more self conscious and some of them it seemed to boost their egos. 

She was upset that he wasn't cut, and for her, that equaled not enjoying the guy at all.  I feel sorry for the guy, as it's really not his fault in the end.

But, that's got me wondering, how much do we as a society place on the idea of sameness?  Have we become so jaded that we expect every lover that we have to be a certain way?  We already seem to alienate ourselves on so many other levels when it comes to dating and relationships, when did the unnatural become the expected natural?

No comments:

Post a Comment