Thursday, June 18, 2015

message in a bottle continued

My cousin Walsh stopped by for a few minutes. I was in the middle of a meltdown when he did. I had been texting my buddy the Musician, and basically freaking out whining about Mr. Uber-Hot not messaging again.  My buddy was telling me to just ask for the guy's number.

Walsh-:"Don't. Bad move."  he was reading over my shoulder the message. "Worst advice ever."  I have to agree with my cousin on this one. I went to show him the original message, and it was gone. In fact, Mr. Uber-Hot was just gone.

Me-:"Can he do that? Disappear?"

Walsh-:"Don't think so. I don't know. Maybe." 

Me-:"Great, I lost my chance before having it. Wait, does that mean he's deleted it? Or..."

Walsh-:"Deleted I would guess. Otherwise, he'd just ignore you and still show up I think?"  he slapped my shoulder. "You over think things. Don't worry about it. Besides, he's not Mr. Scratchy."

Me-:"Well, Mr. Scratchy isn't anymore either."  Totally defeated. "Okay, that's it. The universe gave me this wicked chance, and I blew it by disbelieving it was meant for me, and it was snatched away again."

Walsh-:"Sounds about right."  he laughed.

Me-:"Not helping."

Walsh-:"Neither is your buddy there. What's he telling you..." he lit a cigarette looking for something to use as an astray. Ended up grabbing my incense burner.

Me-:"That guys want playboy centerfolds."

Walsh-:"Well yeah." he snorted nearly choking on his cigarette.

Me-:"I'm doomed."

Walsh-:"Just means this guy wasn't the right one for you."

Me-:"He was beautiful! I deserve a beautiful man damn it!"

Walsh-:"I didn't say you don't. I've been telling you for how long now to stop putting yourself down. This would be sad if you weren't so funny right now. No one takes these sites seriously."

Me-:"Well, it's my last shot."

Walsh-:"Only if you believe it is. What's he saying now?" he pointed to the text from Musician.

Me-:'To update my photos and stuff. Not to give up."

Walsh-:"I think you just need to relax and not take it so seriously. And let me say again, doesn't matter because you won't be happy with anyone."

Me-:"Thanks a lot. So you're saying I can't make a man happy?"

Walsh-:"Not what I said. Don't be putting words in my mouth. I said YOU won't be happy. You are too much like our grandfather was. He wouldn't settle for anything either when he had something in his mind. And you're like that. You talk about soulmates so don't try to tell me that you're not going to be happy with anything other then what you believe is your soulmate."

Okay, I can't argue with that as much as I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment