Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Nothing but morning

Woke up to the sound of a very loud rap band just outside my window.  One of the neighbours pulled their car up to the building, less then a foot from my window, their doors open and speakers booming. This was before 7 am. Dude! Instantly people complained. And rightly so.

Then as I was getting a coffee, saw a message blinking on my cell phone. Surprised to see it was the Musician. He's back in town.  Didn't even know he had been out of town.  Talk about synchronicity; as I had that crazy dream the other week about him and Jimmy Jacobs. 
There was also a message from my cousin Walsh, asking if I'm "over it yet?"  Which I'm not sure what that refers to?  Kinda don't think that one was meant to be sent to me.

As I am sitting here typing this, I opened my messages from the dating site. 18 men want to meet me. None of which live in this city and are all in their 50's. 

I suddenly feel like that scene from season 6 of Sex and the City where Carrie's boss asks her to find a date for her, and then tries to steal Carrie's artist boyfriend, because dating is just depressing. (episode called "Splat!" #18 of season, #92 of series)

No comments:

Post a Comment