Monday, March 10, 2014

one ringy dingy

Doorbell went just after 9pm. My cousin was standing there, looking like he had just run a few miles, red checked, breathing heavy.

Me-:"Everything okay?"

He nodded taking his shoes off. "I'm suppose to pick the kids up in a few minutes from swimming lessons. Who's on?"

Me-:"That bodybuilder dude. The Pack is suppose to be on some point...okay, what's wrong?"

Walsh shrugged getting himself a glass of water. "Nothing, mom's got a couple of new foster kids so I didn't feel like stopping in there."  he headed for the toilet.

Me-:"The Pack's on."  I screamed at the bathroom door.

Walsh-:"Damn, how much I miss? Doesn't matter, dvr is set at home. Has Mavis been acting odd?"

Me-:"She's been a total brat the last couple of weeks. Why?"

He shrugged putting his shoes back on. "She didn't want to sleep over at our sister's cause Daffiny's boyfriend was still there at supper time. She's not talking to anyone but, she won't sleep alone."

Me-:"You're getting worried?"

He shrugged again. "I don't know. Next time she's around you, see if you can't get her to tell you why she doesn't care for Daffiny's boyfriend. Okay, I need to get over to pick the kids up before the center closes. They lock the doors to the pool at 9:30pm. I don't want the kids standing around outside their hair wet. Last time the oldest was still in her swimming suit under her clothes, she was just soaked." he was halfway out the door then turned back around and gave me the biggest grin ever. "There, I've just given you a blog post." he giggled as he zipped up his jacket. "Tell Mad Hatter I said hi."  he was laughing as he left the building.


No comments:

Post a Comment