Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dirty Laundry 33 continued

Listening to my iPod, and having a cup of tea, when another message from my cousin Walsh came in.  Strangely, it was a link to a website about how to find your soulmate.  Obviously, not from cousin but in fact from aunt. Followed the link, and it was the Arielle Ford website. Been reading her stuff for the last 5 years.

Ten minutes after that, second message from Walsh came in. "Step mom want's to know if you got the link?"

Me-:"Yes, thanks. Why?"

Walsh-:"She walked in when I was reading blog. She read it."

Me-:"Spiffy. Tragic that everyone is so bored. How's your sister?"

Walsh-:"Nice try at changing the topic. Are you mad that I let my step mom read your blog?"

Me-:"No. I'm mad that you started it to begin with. I was like 3 years with writer's block after learning that The Other Guy was taken. I never did finish the second novel I had based a lead character on him. Better pray I'm not another 3 years because I've lost my muse again."

Walsh-:"He's not dead."

Me-:"Might as well be! I can't think of a guy like that if I know for a fact he's taken. I need to be crushing on a guy to be able to write. All your fault...I need a new wrestler now."

Walsh-:"Werewolf King?"

Me-:"Why do you think Werewolf King was never the center of the fairy tale before? Cause I knew from chatting with some of the other female fans on the social site months ago, that he's taken."

Walsh-:"So you're not going to kill me?"

Me-:"No. Just going to snarl and give you evil thoughts for a long while. You ruined him for me. Totally poisoned him."

Walsh-:"Have you ever thought that you're blocking yourself from finding love because you're scared?" 

Obviously my aunt again getting Walsh to do her dirty work for her.  I thought about how to respond to that?  She's said this to me before, more then once. My aunt is one of those people where everything comes so easily for her. She can say "I intend that I'm living with a hot man who loves me in a fancy house with three cats."  and by the end of the day it's all happened. I wish I could make my life work so easy.

Me-:"Not scared. Not blocking. Just never been able to make it work. I seem to pick the wrong men."

I've done poppets and rituals and spells for other people, and have a pretty decent success rate. Have played match maker in high school and college and for a few years after college. Always managed to set up just the right couples. I've written stories and parts of stories, and on a few different points in my life, they came true. One for someone else, and once, when I met ----- over a decade ago. Too bad, that relationship ended up being a total mistake.
That whole thing still leaves me in awe. The writing and it happening part. I had a certain ideal when I was younger, and wrote that character for years, then one day poof, I met the real life version. Too bad, he was a lying cheating drunk.

Walsh-:"Are you doing what the article on the website says? There is a great article about four posts down about how to attract the right person and a really great one near the top about knowing when you've met that person."   Obviously, my aunt again.

Me-:"Yes, read the articles. Read the books, done the exercises she talks about to bring that soulmate into your life. And Nothing. Been five years, and nothing."

Then I thought about that. Really thought about that for a bit.  Every time in the last 5 years that I've said I'm going to start dating again, I've ended up on crutches and in the hospital. Huh...makes you wonder. The universe doesn't want me to date. Otherwise, I have to believe that something would have worked. That something would have brought some positive results. It's like being in a holding pattern. Not even bad results, literally no results. I've been romantically frozen. Wow, I suddenly feel like Sleeping Beauty alone in her tower or Snow White in the glass coffin, asleep while the rest of the world keeps on trucking. Even they got a handsome prince in the end. As slimy and creepy as it actually seems to think of a couple of guys who dig coma patients. Anyone else find that part of the fairy tales just a tad on the odd side?

Walsh-:"Don't stop believing."  

Me-:"Easy for you to say. You pushed me into your theory and now I need a new wrestler."

Walsh-:" What?"

Obviously, the don't stop believing was from my aunt not my cousin.

Me-:"That was for Walsh."


No comments:

Post a Comment