Thursday, January 30, 2014

Post it note 30th

Today is a new moon and the eve of Chinese New Year for a year of the Horse.
All about new beginnings.  So, I thought, Mr. Scratchy; Herman, it needed a blog post. Post-it note it is.

Okay, I just spent twenty minutes typing about the cosmic joke and Johnny Cash songs and closing the door on last year, and then deleted it, cause it was...yeah boring. True, but boring.

Here's to something fresh and new and exciting happening in the year of the Horse. In 2014 in general.

One last round of "I imagine you..."   Herman, I imagine you checking in this morning, or afternoon or evening or whatever it is wherever you are; dressed in a pair of grey...no purple pajama bottoms, a ripped beat up dirty yellow t-shirt, oversized coffee cup in hand, maybe a travel mug, something that's scratched up that you've had kicking around for a few years in your car, something that you picked up once at a corner store/gas station one cold night. You're using it because it's comfortable. For some reason, I imagine you needing something...things around you today that are comforting. So it's the mug, the torn and extremely worn clothes, lots of hot tea and coffee, and an old iPod playlist from like four years ago. And I think you've got a bag of mini chocolate bars, sitting right there on your kitchen counter that you keep nibbling from today. The kind that are meant for Hallowe'en. I imagine you...literally just standing around in the kitchen half the day because that's the one room that seems fitting today.

As always Herman, I hope I brought a smile to your face. Now if you'd just open up and step out of the damned shadows for a few days... give me a real hint.


No comments:

Post a Comment