Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Haha

"I know you couldn't do it."  the message from my cousin Walsh said.  He was referring to me unkilling the lead character in my fairy tale, based on Mad Hatter.

Me-:"It's a good character. I've had fun writing it."

Walsh-:"You know what this means right?"

Me-:"Not heading into the bottomless abyss of writer's block this week."

Walsh-:"Besides that stupid."

Me-:"Clue me."

Walsh-:"You can't give up your crush because you are not meant to. HAHAHA!!!!!!"

No, I think it just means the character is more inspiring then even I thought.  Anne Rice once said she had hung up her most famous character - the vampire Lestat- after the first three novels, with the purpose of never writing another novel or story with him anywhere in it, and found herself after half the manuscript of another book series (I think it was her Mayfair Witches books, which Lestat does do a cross over story for)  dreaming, longing to get back subconsciously to that character, that she felt haunted by him. That's pretty much what happened in regards to the fairy tale and me last night. I literally dreamed the scene that I wrote this morning.  He's become my Lestat. (and the character based on Werewolf King is like my version of Louis, and the one based on Rebel without a Cause is like my Armand) I don't know if that will be good or bad? For Anne Rice, she's been connected to the Vampire Chronicles now for over forty years. I don't know if I want this character of mine there to be hanging around that long...a few more months maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment