Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Who?

I was getting mom's mail for her, and G-Babbs was coming into the building with her dog. Spotting me, she called me over to where she was.  "Sean was asking about you."

Me-:"Who?"

G-Babbs-:"Sean."

Me-:"Yeah I have no idea who that is."

She seemed disturbed at me saying that, a look on her face like she tasted something bad. "Sean. The maintenance guy."  she was waving her one hand around in circles, the dog pulling on the leash.

Me-:"Yeah, still don't know who you're talking about cause there's like three of them."

G-Babbs-:"The tall young one."   I know I was still standing there looking like a moron. "The Native guy." 

Me-:"Oh him. Why was I thinking his name was Bill?"

G-Babbs-:"No that's the older one with the salt and pepper hair." she waved her hand at me again, rolling her eyes. "God, I wouldn't stop to talk to him." she picked the dog up, undoing his leash. "He's outside still, shoveling."

Me-:"Okay?"

G-Babbs-:"Why don't you go talk to him?"

Me-:"I don't even know him."  Which is true, the only thing I know of him is that he's always moping the floors when I come over in the mornings.

G-Babbs-:"This is a good time to get to."

I looked at the empty hallway trying to come up with an excuse not to. "I don't have any reason to."  G-Babbs rolled her eyes at me again, mumbled something and took off down the hallway to her apartment. Something tells me that had more to do with my conversation the other day with Tarot Lady, then anything else. Tarot Lady had asked me if I was dating anyone, and I said no. Her and G-Babbs get together for coffee every morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment