Monday, January 13, 2014

A dear Mr. Scratchy letter

This would be a post-it note # 400 or something by now? Something like that.
Morning Mr. Scratchy, Herman. Well, it's morning here. Sun hasn't totally risen yet, small breeze outside the window swaying the trees. We're sitting at -1C degrees with a -7C degrees windchill. That's practically shorts weather here. I can honestly say, I can't remember it ever being that warm before April here?

I'm not too sure what I want to say this morning? Just that I had the overwhelming need to write one of these post-it notes.

I imagine you this morning, checking in, bagel hanging out of your mouth, coffee in hand, hair a mess sticking out everywhere, those track pants splattered with coffee and maybe mud from an early run, faded yellow shirt and torn hoodie.

I don't know who you are, and it looks like I never will. Am I okay with that? No, but doesn't look like I have any choice in the matter. So...

One of my favourite songs is "Black #1" by Type O Negative.  It's got that line in it "She's got a date at midnight with Nosferatu/oh baby Lily Munster ain't got nothing on you."   Which, is completely perfect ironically, when you think about it.

Well Herman, if you really are The Celebrity, I hope you're getting a kick out of things. Always.
If you're really the Rebel without a Cause, I hope you're digging the fairy tale.
If you're really Dimmer, I hope your spotlight is bright.
If you're really Mad Hatter, well don't let the sun go down on you.

As always, I hope I made you smile.

big hugs....Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment