Friday, April 8, 2011

One step away

Starbucks Dude was once again hanging around the parking lot of the grocery with Radar when I went there today.  Haven't talked to him in awhile, and was surprised to see that Radar had cut his long greasy hair. 

"Has he called you yet?" Starbucks Dude asked lighting a cigarette.  I had no idea who he was talking about at first.  It took me a few minutes to realize he meant Mr. Scratchy. {Kitchen Omen that when the right side of your body itches your true love is thinking of you. Same with your shoe laces coming undone} For a brief second I thought he was meaning The Celebrity. I shook my head. 

"You would know if he had trust me on that."  
We talked a bit, then Radar said he'd read bits of my blog lately.  Um  not sure if that is a good thing or not. And that he had a theory on what is indeed the question of my love life.  I was all ears. 

"You are 100% sure it's not an ex boyfriend?"   I said I was sure. Any ex boyfriends would have come by the apartment if they were the one's thinking of me all the time.  Radar continued  "So you believe that it is someone connected with wrestling?"

"Yes. None of this was going on till I started to do the sports stuff."  I was amazed at how much better looking Radar was with short hair. 

"Probably a fan then. Maybe even a rival reporter? " he said lighting a cigarette of his own.

"Still doesn't make sense. If it's just another fan like myself, why not let me know who they are?"

"In a relationship would be my guess. Unless it IS a wrestler."  He sucked back the nicotine his eyes doing that smokers squint. 

"That's been my thoughts for months now." Starbucks Dude chipped in finishing his cigarette and gangling his keys in his hand. Up went the keys, catch, toss, catch, toss. "And if it is, then could be that the guy is feeling bit jealous cause you talk about The Celebrity all the time."   I agreed and pointed out that I have had this conversation before with a former friend and her husband.

"What if it's The Celebrity?" Radar giggled as he tossed his cigarette butt blowing smoke into the air. 

"Okay." I said feeling a slight excitement at the possibility. "Then why wouldn't he have contacted me by now? He's known about me for a few years already. Makes no sense."

"Ever thought that he's frightened? Not of you. But, of what you think of him? You've talked about him all the time so what if he feels he just can't measure up?" Starbucks Dude shrugged. "Or you know has a small dick. Unlike me." 

"Spare me the details on that one, I really do not need to know. "  This brought a blush to my very pale skin and another round of giggles from Radar.

"He's just a man."

"As everyone keeps pointing out to me. Okay so he's just a man. A very stubborn man. Besides, last I heard he was seeing someone."

"When was the last you heard?" Radar asked. 

"August. So last summer."  I couldn't look at Starbucks Dude, I was trying not to look at his pants now that the comment was floating around in my brain. It's one thing to have a dirty mind about your friends, it's very much another to have a dirty mind about them while they are standing beside you.

That was the end of that conversation, as Fanny walked over to talk to Starbucks Dude.  Fanny works at the bank next door to the grocery.   

No comments:

Post a Comment